Licensing & Copyright
I believe art is meant to be shared so it can inspire.
In summary, you can copy, distribute, reuse, remix, edit, and share anything on my site or on my social profiles ... as long as you give T. Brian Jones and TBrianJones.com a shout out, and as long as the use is non-commercial.
More specifically, all my original personal works (photos, writing, music, etc.) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. View the Human Readable Summary of the License, or view the Full License.
Sample Accepted Use Of The Creative Commons License:
- In a Blog Post describing a trip to the west coast of the United States
- On a website for a school project about photography or web design
- Inside a powerpoint for an academic report or presentation about drought in California
- As a desktop background for the computer monitor of an individual
- Copying to a private smart device for later viewing or listening
SAMPLE USE REQUIRING A LICENSE TO COPYRIGHT:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- A background image for a commercial website about furniture
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home. You can purchase prints here.
License To Copyright
Commercial use of my media is allowed only if expressly granted by me. Contact me with inquiries.
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of media online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the media nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Licensing inspired by Trey Ratcliff of Stuck In Customs.